While booking a train ticket while planning to travel to or already after reaching Malaysia is not that difficult, there are majorly two ways that one can easily book the tickets.
While all the trains that commute within and even going out of Malaysia are operated and managed by the Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad or the KTM, which is the nation’s national railway service system, the ways to book the tickets are given below.
- The conventional method of booking: The conventional mode of inter- city ticket booking in Malaysia consists of making a visit at the ticket booking counters in the capital city of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, or train to Ipoh where the tickets to just about anywhere within the city and also to the neighboring countries like Singapore, Thailand, and Bangkok can be easily booked.
- The online method of booking: The other mode of booking the ticket in Malaysia is via the means of online booking which can be availed in advance or while staying in Malaysia, where in numerous sites, government and private are available who gives out tickets at discounted and special tariff rates as well.
The steps involved in booking the KTM Malaysian train services online
While the ways of conventional booking of train tickets are what all are well aware of, in here, we will discuss about the steps to book the KTM train tickets online.
- The first step is to search for the departure and arrival destinations and the dates.
- The next step is to select the necessary option and check on the prices.
- After the selected option is locked, one just needs to pay for the tickets via the available and secure payment gateway options given in the site and book the tickets.
- The last step is to check the mail for the e- ticket and take the print out and produce it at the date of journey. Simple!